Saturday, January 21, 2012

No one said it was going to be easy.

To quote Jimmy Duggan,"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great."  I'll give a prize for the first person who comments on where that quote comes from.  I will post the correct answer in a blog at a later day.

The problem with saying you are going to do a blog everyday is you have to do it everyday.  Even if that day you didn't really feel like writing yet alone talking to anyone else.  Some people might say this is like therapy but for me sometimes reliving something by talking about it or discussing it can be torture so this can be a lot tougher than I would have expected. 

Well enough for the small talk, let get to it.   We are about to make big jumps in the story, last time we talked we were engaged, the next important thing to talk about as far as this story goes is the wedding.  After 7 months lots of planning, lots of work on invitations the date was set we managed to have a location and we were all set up to be married on January 25th, 2009.  Ashley was one of the bridesmaids and she travelled down to West Palm Beach.

It's hard for me to talk about how Ashley was involved in the wedding since it all seems to be a big blur as I am thinking about it, but I know Kate was so thankful for her being a part of that special time.  Ashley had been involved in our relationship since before we were Jeremy and Kate.  It was great to have her as a part of something that both Kate and I will remember for the rest of our lives.

Here are some pictures of the wedding to make Kate happy after no pictures of the ring yesterday. 



Sorry that this blog is kind of short and not all that interesting, maybe I can get Kate to post about teh wedding, she would be better at that than me. Starting with the next blog we will start getting into when we really started going through the process of becoming a Kidney Donor. 

Kate and I could use some prayers going through the next week, we still have to jump through a couple of hoops to get the surgery scheduled. 

Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

1 comment:

  1. I had to google the quote but I was really close on my guess, before that.

    By the way its Dugan with one "g". Jimmy Duggan would be one Hacksaw Jim Duggan, of WWF fame. Hooo! U-S-A are the only quotes attributed to him.

    ReplyDelete