Monday, February 6, 2012
Baptisms and Superbowls
Kate and I spent this morning driving out to Lake Placid with her parents. Our nephews Gage and Cooper were scheduled to be baptized today. They had a very nice service and a wonderful lunch afterwards and we were back home by 4, in plenty of time for the Superbowl. Our church does a Superbowl for the city party for the homeless that I have been a part of for the last several years, and ran the food portion of last year, but when Kate and I got back we decided after the 12 hour work day yesterday and the long travel today that we would be homebodies tonight so we made some buffalo wings and fries and watched from our house, a much needed night of relaxation.
I hope you don’t mind posting the bible verses today. I didn’t have time to but a blog out and I am going to write something about that passage tomorrow. When 2012 started Kate and I were expecting to have our case go before the board for approval to donate, and it did. The only problem was that it turned out that the nephrologist that saw us at UNC also had consulted on Ashley’s case. According to North Carolina law I am required to see an independent nephrologist that isn’t involved in Ashley’s case so we would be required to see a different nephrologist before they could approve me.
At first I thought I might have to go to a transplant center to see one, which the closest is Miami, but it turns out it could be any nephrologist, so we found one in West Palm Beach. If you have been reading the blog you know how this turned out, we had to wait until Jan. 21st, there is that date again, I have had three appointments on the 21st of the month and now the surgery is scheduled for the 21st of February as long as we get insurance approval.
I think that brings us current on the story and brings you up to date. What we need now is prayer that the insurance company will approve me, and do it quickly so we can have the surgery on the 21st. Last we talked to our coordinators the insurance company legally has 15 days to respond and they told the coordinator to stop calling they will take as long as they need too. We just pray that the right people get the paperwork and push it through for the approval.
From this point on I will give a daily update of what we are going through and what it looks like leading up to the donation. Tomorrow should be a good day to read I have some thoughts on the following verse.
“Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”